Monday, July 15, 2013

Every Once in Awhile, She Does Too!

 
 
I just love this photo.  It has kind of an Eastern Block, Industrial, Mad Max kind of feel.
 
 
Below you will find a link to a Walk Around Video on the The Lycan.   I am pretty happy with the sound on this bike.  I have never been much of a fan of loud pipes but this Thumper with the reverse cone muffler sounds pretty good.   It seems much throatier when you are riding.  On close in streets and alleys the echo is intoxicating.
 
 
       Speaking of the sound I am going to share a little bit of wisdom I have acquired over the years.  I see riders on their bikes with overly loud pipes that rev their engines as they pass groups of people.  I know they are thinking "Hey, look at me I'm cool!   Those people are looking at me and thinking I'm cool.  They wish they were on one of these!"  I've done it and though I hate to admit it that's what goes through your mind on some subconscious level, but hey that's OK.  If you don't admit it your ling to yourself and everybody else.  I don't care if you are on a bicycle in spandex and everyone is looking at you as you ride by, you are thinking that.  If you weren't you wouldn't be able to do it, you'd be to embarrassed.  Here is the wisdom part.  If you are loud, dressed differently, or just conspicuous, and people are looking at you, what they are actually thinking is, "Look at that ASSHOLE, he thinks he's cool."    That's what we like to call "Ahurtsdon'tit?".   (A hurts don't it?) 
        Truth be told most people think you are crazy or just plain stupid.  If you are a cowboy on your Harley iron horse with your chaps and your vest.  If your a knight errant on your BMW fully fared charger with your armoured riding suit and flip face helmet.  Embrace it, be different if that's who you are, but know that they are not jealous of the motorcycle, the bicycle, or even the clothes you are wearing.    They don't think you are cool or wish they were you.  If they are honest with themselves they are just a little jealous of your courage though.   The courage it takes to be different and wear it like a badge of honor.  
        So if I ride by you and roll back on the throttle a time or two, or flip up my visor and nod at your girl friend or wife, go ahead and think it.   "Look at that ASSHOLE, he thinks he's cool."   Because I probably am, I probably do, and every once in awhile she does too! 

Hell, even my wife thinks I'm cool.   Every once in awhile.
 
  





 
 



No comments: