Monday, August 5, 2013

Setting at the Cool Kid's Table.

       There were FJR's, KLR's, Bandits, Super Tenere's , GS's, RT's, CBR's, Vstrom's, Harleys, Concourse's, Tridents, Bonneville's, and the list goes on all parked in a row at Rider's Hill.   What were the other riders asking about?  The Special of course.   Sitting on the porch inevitably there would be 3 or 4 or 5 riders gathered around the Special at any given time.   It was fun to tell my story and answer questions.  "If you build a bike like this you better be prepared to talk about it."  I either heard or read that somewhere before I started this project, and it's the truth.    "What is it?"  "That's a Savage?  No way!"  Then there are the guys who have worked on the Savage or other projects and they always get technical.  The conversation turns to jetting, trail, rake, suspension mods, wheels, tires, handling, and it goes on and on.  It is so much fun.  The coolest part is after doing this build I sort of know what they are talking about and can hold my own.  The little bike inspires a passion in some folks and that is really gratifying. 
       It doesn't matter what group you are talking to either.  Crusiers, BMW's, sport bikes, adventure bikes, they all appreciate the process and the fact that it's something different.  Hey, the best part is I rode it 45 miles to get there, and I'll ride it 45 or 55 miles back home.   Even if its just for a little while, I get to be one of the cool kids. 
  
 Parked in line with the other eye candy.
 
 
Last crowd of the day.

 
The really cool stuff is inside though.
MV Agusta!

 
Moto Guzzi V7's!

 
All this eye candy and riders still wanted to check out The Special! 
WOW, I had a grin on my face all the way home.
 
 
 

No comments: