Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gratfication

 
     The statistics page with this blog gives me the number of views by page for whatever time frame I select.  It also has links to where the largest number of views are coming from.  Sometimes this takes me to a post on that site.  Some sites I have actually sought out to help promote the project others I have not.   One of the things that makes you feel good is unsolicited recognition. People asking about your project and then telling others about it.  Its even better when they post a picture of your project like the one below! 
 

  I feel like Sally Fields "You like me, you really like me!"    Well maybe not but it is gratifying for others to approve of your work.    It's a head turner and truly one of a kind.   I also think it is really true to what a Cafe Racer really was in its day. 
   
       I have a few more changes I want to make and a few more bugs to work out.  The seat and the cowl are not what I had hoped for so I am going to make some changes there.  The fork seals still have to be replaced.  The kick stand needs a little work.  The carbarator needs to be rejetted.  I have a wrap for the header and I think that might look pretty cool as well.  The front brakes still need a little work and Red paint is not a bad thing either. 

No comments: