Thursday, September 26, 2013

More PROPS!

    On a recent trip to Riders Hill in Dahlonega, Georgia they asked if they could take a picture of the bike and post it on their facebook page.  They asked me a few questions about the build and I was more than happy to comply.  Below is the post and a photo from their page.

We had a visit yesterday from this very cool bike and it's owner, Daniel Short. It started life as an '86 Suzuki Savage he bought for $500. You can see the transformation in cool photos on his very interesting blogspot.


Photo: We had a visit yesterday from this very cool bike and it's owner, Daniel Short.  It started life as an '86 Suzuki Savage he bought for $500.  You can see the transformation in cool photos on his very interesting blogspot at http://www.thelycanproject.blogspot.com/

  I can get excited about the project and it doesn't mean a thing. When other people get excited about it, that's something all together different. Riding across town and a guy pulls up beside you with a big grin and gives you the thumbs up! Going into a store and coming out to find a small crowd around the bike. All those things are really cool and make you feel really good.  The way this bike puts a smile on peoples faces is really fun. 
         Most of us are really proud of our bikes.  We have a connection with them.
Whether we built them or just set them up to our personal taste, they are a reflection of who we are, at least of how we see ourselves.   A positive reaction from our peers is a validation, on some level, of us as individuals.  I know at some point there will be someone else that has a newer or cooler bike, I only hope I will be as congenial to them as others have been to me.  In the mean time I am still enjoying the attention.
 


 


2 comments:

Justin said...

I've read parts of your blog...really interesting! I just bought an S40 and will going down a similar path soon in converting it to...something cool i hope! Great information, and great insight. I totally get your "daydreaming" entry. I can't stop thinking, deliberating, looking, and dreaming about the build. The bike definitely becomes an extension of who you are...combined with the dna of what it was made to be--it's like a baby that I'm having with Suzuki, lol. Gooooooo Dawgs, sic um (my Grandad and Grandma were alumni, and took me to a few games growing up).

Unknown said...

Thanks, good luck and really there isn't a wrong direction with a project like this. The hard part is finding a stopping point.