Monday, September 16, 2013

A Professional Paint Job

 
Wow!  I live my life by the premise that all things work out for the best in the long run.  This is just another example of this theory in action.  Having these parts painted by a professional body shop was the way to go.  The local shop gave me a great deal and he did a great job.  I had the local sign shop cut some vinyl stripes and that along with the extras from before made the vinyl application a breeze.  Measure twice place once!  
 



 
Assembled and waiting on the seat.  The dropped front end and the reverse cone shorty exhaust.  I love the way this exhaust sounds. 

 
The seat installed and ready to redo the glamour shots!



 
 


 
The final touch, the UGA Arches on the saddle.

 
     Rode the bike a little over the weekend and changed the jetting again.  I switched back to original set up, a 155 main and 47.5 pilot.  I have been playing with the air screw but I still am not satisfied.  That is the great thing about this bike so far, I can work on the bike and work through the problems.  It's fun and I learn a ton in the process.   When I get it worked out I might even give myself another bone.
 
      People always ask about the bones.  At UGA the white bones are for exceptional plays, and the black bones are for academic achievement.  On this bike the white bones are for exceptional rides.  Dangerous rides like the test rides when I was building the bike. The local big rides like Wolf Pen GAP or Blood Mountain, and one of these days the Dragon.  I also put a few on for recognition from others, mentions on Podcast like The Pace, unsolicited pictures or mentions in other forums.  The posting on UGA's Athletic facebook page and the 3.46K likes.  The black ones are for technical achievement on my part during the build; the rear sets and connecting rods, the seat cowl, the engine electrical work, and the suspension.  I may have to give myself one for design because it has turned out better than I ever imagined and of course "It is just so damn much fun to ride!" 
 
 
Give that DAWG a Bone!
 


No comments: