Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A little rest and reasearchation!

     I have been a little lax of late on my post.   The sudden death of a friend, heavy rain the day of the memorial service that caused a large tree to fall across my driveway, and a trip to the beach have resulted in little time to work on the bike.  There has been some progress but waiting on parts to arrive and trying to resource parts can be time consuming and not very exciting to blog about.   Even less exciting is looking at the mounting cost.  The total expenditure so far is in the $1600 range.  Really not that bad if you look at the bikes I looked at this weekend. 
     There was one 1973 Triumph Bonneville for sale with an asking price of $4750.  Cosmetically it was what I would call average.  There were some really nice bikes that it was obvious that somebody had put a lot of work and money into.  The majority of the bikes I looked at had little more done to them than a seat cowl and a set of clubman bars.  It made me feel pretty good about the work I have done on my bike.  One of the vendors I was talking to said most people just can't do what you are doing. I don't know if he was stroking me a little but it made me feel good anyway.  
 
 
 
Triumph 
 
 
BSA


 
Norton

 
Eye Candy!

 
BSA

 
Benelli Tornado 650

 
Rickman Metisse

 
Really nice ride.  Trailer Queen though.
 
 
It inspired me though and I picked up an exhaust there as well.  The bike is in ride able condition now and the latest test ride is below.  I am getting there!
 
 

No comments: